You ask, we answer! Tech support every week for over 12 years! First up this episode: Passwords, and lots of 'em. Then it's on to managing Photos and app files on your iPhone. We revisit the topic of waking a sleeping laptop, and then discuss a few tips and tricks we'll keep up our sleeves just for you. Download, press play, and enjoy!Note: Shownotes are complete!
- 00:00:00 Mac Geek Gab 667 for Sunday, July 23, 2017
- 00:01:24 John’s now paying for his cable modem
- 00:08:43 Louis-Recurring iCloud Password Prompts on iOS
- 00:13:13 Todd-Future of 1Password?
- 00:15:50 Robert-iPhone Backup Error
- 00:20:32 Chuck-Tagging Photos on iPhone
- 00:22:48 Kent-Recovering Deleted Photos
- 00:26:58 Bob-Deleting extra iOS App Files
- 00:34:47 SPONSOR: Backblaze – Backup that’s so easy, so simple, so good. Get a 15-day free trial!
- 00:38:02 Martin-665-Plug in an HDMI cable
- 00:38:30 Rob-Monitor Dongle Trick
- 00:39:53 Russell-665-CSF-Headless Accelerator from OWC
- 00:40:34 Scott-CSF-665-InsomniaX to run in Clamshell mode
- 00:41:05 Brian-665-Preventing Laptop Sleep
sudo pmset disablesleep 1
- 00:44:49 Tim-Drive 5K monitor with 2016 MacBook Pro
- 00:49:07 Dave’s network started looping
- 01:00:19 Doug-QT-Vertical Panoramas
- 01:02:22 Proper video and photo techniques
- 01:08:14 Larry-USB Letters vs. Numbers vs. Thunderbolt
- 01:13:41 Everett-Portable VPN Solution?
- 01:18:24 Two weeks worth of MGG Premium Contributors:
- Paul M., James B., John G., James C., Joe S., Sebastian K., Jay C., Gary B., John D., Santiago M., John V., Stephen A., Micah P., Ken L., Nick S., Greg H., Bruce M., Paul W., Ron G., Bob L., Deb L., Anthony N., John C., Eddie M., Mark S., Robert T., Jeffrey H., Graham R., James M., Khürt W., George D., Eric D., Racer G., Cindy K., Toni C., Michael E.
- 01:20:00 MGG Outtro
- The Mac Geek Gab iPhone app
- You’re downloading today’s show from CacheFly’s network
- BackBeat Media Podcast Network
- MacGeekGab AAC Enhanced Feed – Thanks to Michael Johnston of The iOS Show and Applr.