SPONSOR: Malwarebytes for Mac – Malwarebytes detects and removes viruses, ransomware, and other malware so you are protected and your machine keeps running silky smooth.
It's true, your two favorite geeks have come together again to have a "communal head scratch" about all the questions and problems you've submitted. Then it's on to some happy tips, including one about working around the new Dropbox limitations. Download, press play, and learn at least five new things… and get your questions answered, too!Note: Shownotes are complete!
- 00:00:00 Mac Geek Gab 758 for Monday, April 22, 2019
- 00:03:20 Chris-757-How about a password manager?
- 00:07:11 Please leave us reviews!
- 00:07:57 Douglas-Migrating Mail
- 00:11:33 Douglas-Migrating 1Password from Dropbox to iCloud
- 00:15:43 Mike-Wemo Plugs Didn’t like Wi-Fi Extender
- 00:22:36 SPONSOR: Other World Computing at MacSales.com – OWC’s new Aura Pro X2 NVME Flash SSD adds speed and up to 2TB to your older Mac. Your Mac, your keyboard, your ports, just more space and speed!
- 00:24:42 Jeff-What’s my HomeKit Home Hub?
- 00:30:41 Migrating from Wink to SmartThings
- 00:33:11 The Two Purposes of Smart Home Hubs
- 00:43:53 Chris-CSF-757-SmartRules
- 00:46:21 Andrew-GC-Smart Water Sensor and Alarm?
- 00:51:25 SPONSOR: Malwarebytes for Mac – Malwarebytes detects and removes viruses, ransomware, and other malware so you are protected and your machine keeps running silky smooth.
- 00:53:21 JP-Wi-Fi Speed Tests are Different from My Router
- 00:59:53 Carsten-Suggestions for Wiring New Home
- 01:04:26 Matt-757-Dropbox Solution with Private Cloud
- 01:09:14 Dan-757-Sync Dropbox with Something Else
- 01:10:10 Synology Drive 2.0 for iOS gets Native
- 01:12:03 This Week’s MGG Premium Supporters:
- Jeff from Connecticut, Barry from Overhead, Bob from Working Smarter for Mac Users, Ryan from Plano, Neal from Connecticut, Scott from Portland, Chris from Hertforshire, James from San Antonio, Joe from Kansas, Abdullah from Maryland, Ari from Oakland, Dave from Saugerties, Michael from Kansas, Bob from Québec, Frank from Tonbridge, Tim from Tennessee, John from Pennsylvania, Santiago from Florida, John from North Carolina, Clyde from Virginia, Tony from Massachusetts, Ken from Honolulu, Kurt from Illinois, Louis from California, Bob from Massachusetts, James from California, Robin from Hampshire, Rob from New South Wales, Colby from Colorado, Barb from South Carolina, Mark from California, Donald from Massachusetts, George from Massachusetts, Andy from New Hampshire, Ed from California, Willie from Mississippi, Jedd from New Jersey, Scott from Georgia, Steve from New Mexico, Laura from Washington, Scott from Arkansas, Andrew from California, Wayne from Sacramento.
- 01:14:17 Mark-Network Time Machine Regularly Corrupts Backups
- John backs up his Time Machine backups on his Synology to another Synology, if corrupt, restore from last good backup
- 01:20:10 Phil-Time Machine Reporting Large Backup Set
- 01:22:58 Aaron-No T2 chips in 2019 iMacs
- 01:25:09 Carsten-T2 and FileVault and Backups
- 01:30:23 MGG 758 Outtro
- The Mac Geek Gab iPhone app
- Active MGG Sponsors and Coupon Codes List
- You’re downloading today’s show from CacheFly’s network
- BackBeat Media Podcast Network