Hey there, fellow tech enthusiast! Dave and Pete kicked things off by discussing some neat ideas to keep you organized. They talked about the power of creating a dedicated Notes folder, where you can jot down important information or even take pictures of where you’ve placed items. It’s like having a digital memory to rely on when you need it most!
If you’re an iPhone user, you’re in for a treat. The dynamic duo shared some handy messaging tips that will make your life easier. They talked about merging contact threads to keep your conversations streamlined and avoid any confusion. Plus, they highlighted the importance of not setting a default voice number to prevent any hiccups with sending and receiving texts. It’s all about ensuring smooth communication in the digital realm.
But it doesn’t stop there! Dave and Pete also emphasized the ripple effects of our tech decisions. They encouraged listeners to leverage keyboard shortcuts and custom menu shortcuts to supercharge their workflow. And for those drowning in emails (we’ve all been there), they offered some fantastic advice on navigating and managing them efficiently. Trust me, you’ll be thanking them when your inbox feels less overwhelming!
When it comes to troubleshooting Apple devices, these geeks have got you covered. They discussed practical solutions like restarting your Mac and even reinstalling the operating system if necessary. It’s all about keeping your tech running smoothly and avoiding unnecessary headaches.
But hold on, the conversation didn’t stop at tech alone! Dave and Pete shared their wisdom on other intriguing topics, such as online security. They highlighted the importance of using VPNs like PIA (Private Internet Access) to safeguard your online privacy. And hey, did you ever think you’d hear them talking about harmony and theory classes for singing? These guys surprise us every time! They also dove into battery management tips for Mac laptops, helping you get the most out of your device’s power.
And brace yourself for one last gem: the Ultimate Vocal Remover. It’s an open-source audio editing software that can isolate vocals and preserve reverb, perfect for karaoke lovers or those looking to learn harmony parts. It’s amazing what you can do with technology these days!
So, MGG family, we encourage you to press play on the latest episode of Mac Geek Gab. Dave and Pilot Pete will undoubtedly deliver a wealth of knowledge, and you’re guaranteed to learn at least five new things that will make your tech life more awesome. Happy listening…and Don’t Get Caught!
- 00:00:00 Mac Geek Gab 987 for Monday, June 19th, 2023
- Quick Tips
- 00:03:35 Robb-QT-Merge Contacts to Retain History
- 00:10:33 Neal-QT-Click the PDF icon in Mac Print dialog to Save as PDF (2nd half)
- MacSparky says – Create keyboard shortcut
- Option-Semicolon gets you Ellipses…
- 00:14:58 Larry-QT-Verizon did a “network sync” to fix SMS issues
- 00:18:47 You Can Share Your iPhone/iPad Directly in Zoom
- 00:20:45 Dimming Your Screen…and Getting It Back
- 00:25:46 Rod L-QT-Enable Voice Isolation when calling from iPhone
- 00:29:05 Saurabh-QT-Add Command-key to jump to top or bottom of Mac Mail lists
- Option arrow to jump to different emails in a thread
- 00:34:27 Pensacola Craig-QT-Option-Click the Apple Logo for System Information report
- 00:35:20 Louis-986–iFramix Pricing Correction: US$39
- 00:36:38 SPONSOR: Private Internet Access VPN – Save 82% off your VPN service PLUS four free months with a two-year plan at PIAVPN.com/mgg.
- 00:38:15 SPONSOR: Kolide – Kolide ensures only secure devices can access your cloud apps. It’s Zero Trust tailor-made for Okta. Book a demo today. Try Kolide Today at Kolide.com/MGG
- Your Questions Answered and Tips Shared!
- 00:39:34 Paul creating Calendar Events on iPhone without errors
- 00:43:49 Steve-Keeping Network Drives Mounted
- 00:46:58 Jim-Setting a Timer on iCloud Keychain’s Password Unlock
- 00:48:40 Gary iMessage Crashing in Ventura – Ventura Messages Quit(s) Unexpectedly
- 00:54:52 Saurabh-How to Make Phone Calls Without a SIM?
- Cool Stuff Found
- 01:00:41 CSF-Smartish Cable Wrangler (and “Bigger”) and Crown Joule
- 01:03:26 Aron-CSF-Ultimate Vocal Remover for splitting vocals from instruments
- 01:13:43 Neal-CSF-Eufy SmartTrack Card for FindMy in your Wallet
- 01:14:58 Joe-CSF-AlDente for Enhanced Battery Management (a revisit to 859, where the same Joe originally CSFed this!)
- Mac Geek Gab 987 Outré
- Bandwidth Provided by CacheFly
- Follow us on Mastodon
- Pilot Pete’s Aviation Podcast: So There I Was (for Aviation Enthusiasts)
- Dave’s Business Brain (for Entrepreneurs) and Gig Gab (for Working Musicians) Podcasts
- MGG Merch is Available!
- Mac Geek Gab YouTube Page
- Mac Geek Gab Live Calendar
- This Week’s MGG Premium Contributors
- MGG Apple Podcasts Reviews
- [email protected]
- The Mac Geek Gab iPhone app
- Active MGG Sponsors and Coupon Codes List
- BackBeat Media Podcast Network